Today was the first time that we met up as a group, this
semester I will be working with, Adam Young, Elliot Carroll-Dunn and Paul
Brannan. I knew the group pretty well but was the first time that I had worked
with Elliot and Paul. Prior to the meeting we had set up a Facebok group to
help use organise meeting but also to generate ideas. Before coming to the meeting I had been
working on an idea and was keen to discuss this with the group.
My idea evolves around the idea of good cop bad cop, where
we see one character play two versions of himself. I wanted the film to be a
dark comedy where we see this character constantly blaming his bad life choices
on the other character who we find out at the end of the film his actually him.
The character is loosely based on Rudy from The Misfit series. I understand the
idea is very under developed and needs a lot of work but I really like the
install concept, I was keen to hear what the rest of the group thought of the
idea but also to see what they had thought off too.
I found it quite hard to explain my idea to the rest of the
group, I think they liked the idea but after discussing it as a group we felt
that we couldn’t really make it work with the parameters of the brief.
The brief lends it self to a stalker type film where we have
one character stalking the other for one reason or another. As a group we
really wanted to stay away from this idea as we felt a lot of the other groups
would be creating that type of film. Adam then pitched an idea about a man who
falls in love with a tree at first I was a little concerned and wasn’t full
behind the idea but after he explained it I quite liked it. We have a married
couple that have an argument because one of them thinks the other is having an
affair but in matter of fact one of the characters is in love with a tree.
We decided that we could meet up in a couple of weeks to
discuss this idea further but also gives time to think of any more ideas.
No comments:
Post a Comment